With over 3,000 staff and covering an area a quarter the size of Victoria, Bendigo Health is a 678 bed service that treats over 34,000 in-patients, deals with over 42,000 emergency attendances and 1,100 babies are born each year. These services are complemented by a 60-bed rehabilitation unit, eight bed critical care unit and five operating theatres where around 10,000 surgical procedures are performed annually.
The organisation provides services in emergency, maternity, women's health, medical imaging, pathology, rehabilitation, community services, residential aged care, psychiatric care, community dental, hospice, palliative care, cardiology, cancer services and renal dialysis to the people of the Loddon Mallee region.
The three main campuses of Bendigo Health, the Bendigo hospital and Anne Caudle Centre campuses and the John Bomford Centre are in Bendigo, with many services extended to regional settings including areas such as Mildura, Echuca, Swan Hill, Kyneton and Castlemaine.
Bendigo Health's vision is to:
- Improve the health of our communities
- Engender pride and confidence in our services
- Be a trusted and collaborative leader in our region
- Support our staff to reach their potential
As a collaborative leader in healthcare, Bendigo Health's mission is to:
- Provide high quality patient-centred healthcare encompassing:
- Tertiary services for the Loddon Mallee region; and
- A full range of acute, sub-acute, residential aged and community-based services to our communities.
- Work with other health service providers to ensure that care is delivered in the most appropriate environment to meet the clinical, social and emotional needs of patients.
- Take a prominent role in teaching, training and research in rural health care.
- Develop staff in an environment of support, learning and striving for best practice.
- Responsibly and sustainably manage our resources - human, physical, environmental and financial.
- Effectively advocate for the healthcare needs of the community.
Our Values - the foundation of our plan:
Be committed to service excellence
Be supportive and work as a team
Be courteous and respectful to patients, families and each other
Be responsible and be accountable for our actions
Be persistent and show goodwill
Be safety-conscious for patients, staff and visitors
Be honest and act with confidentiality and integrity
Be creative and always aim to improve
ABN: 26 875 445 912