From Wednesday, September 23 Bendigo Health inpatients are allowed one visitor for 15 minutes, during a designated visiting hour for the particular ward.
Visiting hours will be introduced in a staged approach to minimise the number of people at the hospital precinct at any given time.
Please contact the individual ward for exact times. All visits must be arranged in advance with the ward.
The following wards have particular visiting requirements:
- Intensive Care Unit patients can have an immediate family member visit one at a time for 15 minutes at a time
- Maternity Services will allow one support person in birthing suite who may follow that person to the ward
- Child and Adolescent Unit will allow parents only
- Special Care nursery will allow parents only
- Mental health will allow visits from family for 15 minutes at a time (pre bookings required) with no visitors under 16 years of age for Adult Acute Unit
- Residential care will allow one visit per day for up to 30 minutes between the hours of 1-5pm every day. Visitors will need to wear a mask and a face shield and book the visit in advance.
- Residential care will continue to offer use of the visiting pods as the first preference, these are working well and are almost fully booked.
There will be no visitors permitted from Stage 4 lockdown areas and all visitors must wear a face mask and be screened on entry.